What is Microneedling?
Miconeedling is a innovative procedure used to revitalize and rejuvenate the skin of the face and neck. Small needles are used to create micro-injuries in the skin inducing collagen production. This treatment improves the texture and radiance of the skin. This can be combined with a number of topical serums including Growth Factors.
Why Choose Microneedling?
Taking care of your skin is critical to the aging process. Having a good skin care regimen is paramount to success. But sunscreen, retinols, and serums are not the only thing that can keep your skin looking healthy and youthful. Treatments like microneedling can give a dramatic improvement to the appearance and texture of your skin with no-pain and no-downtime. If you’re seeking these types of results for your skin look no further!
What is the Microneedling procedure like?
Microneedling is done in the office awake and takes approximately 30-45 minutes to complete. First the skin is cleansed and a next a topical numbing cream is applied and allowed to fully numb the area. The microneedling treatment is done with a small hand-held device that oscillates the super-fine needles at a high speed. Because they are so small, the needles do not cause any pain during the treatment. Once the entire face and/or neck is treated soothing cream is applied to the area.
Prior to the Microneedling treatment, please observe the following:
- No Retin-A products or applications 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No auto-immune therapies or products 12 hours prior to your treatment.
- No prolonged sun exposure to the face 24 hours prior to your treatment.
- Microneedling will not be administered on sunburned skin.
- On the day of the treatment, please keep your face clean and do not apply makeup.
- If an active or extreme breakout occurs before treatment, please consider delaying treatment.
After your microneedling treatment, please be aware and observe the following:
- Immediately after your treatment, you will look as though you have a moderate to severe sunburn and your skin may feel warm and tighter than usual.
- This is normal and will subside after 1 to 2 hours and will normally diminish within the same day or 24 hours.
- You may see slight redness after 24-72 hours but only in minimal areas or spots.
- Treat the skin gently for 3 days. Normal skincare can be resumed again after Day 3.
The addition of growth factors to microneedling is a fantastic way to boost the results of your treatment. The Growth Factor is allowed to seep into the areas of micro-injury allowing growth factors to get under the skin, stimulate collagen, and speed recovery. The Growth Factor is drawn from your blood and processed in our office while you undergo your microneedling treatment.
There is typically no recovery time with microneedling as patients are able to go back to their normal routine immediately. Depending on the depth, a faint redness like a sunburn will fade over the next 24-72hrs. Patients should avoid exercising for 24hrs after the treatment. It is important to treat the skin gently for the first 3 days at which time normal skin care routines can resume.
Why Should I Choose Dr. Kirk Lozada?
Dr. Lozada is a Facial Plastic & Reconstructive surgeon and Otolaryngology Head & Neck Surgeon. Dr. Lozada is committed to providing the highest quality aesthetic and reconstructive services for all his patients in Philadelphia and New Jersey. At our office a personalized treatment plan is essential and we allow sufficient time during consultation to develop a unique understanding of each patient’s desires. Dr. Lozada completed his fellowship at the University of Pennsylvania and has trained with the top Facial Plastic Surgeons in Philadelphia, New York, and New Jersey. Dr. Kirk Lozada is currently a member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery and has numerous publications and presentations in the field of facial plastic surgery. Contact the office for your consultation today!